Video: The Other Side Of The ‘Malda Riots’, No One Is Talking About
On 3 January, a vast crowd, numbering 1.5 lakh, gathered in Kaliachak, West Bengal, to protest defamatory remarks allegedly made against the Prophet Muhammad. Soon after the rally began, a section of those gathered attacked the local police station, torching it. Local papers, and soon the national media, termed the violence communal. Firstpost reporter Sanjay Pandey visited Kaliachak a fortnight after the incident to investigate. He found otherwise. The clashes were a part of Malda’s ongoing drug wars, a series of battles that have turned this corner of India into the badlands of West Bengal. His findings are backed by hidden camera footage and interviews with opium poppy farmers and local administration officials.
- Engineering Viva – This Is How SHIT Happens In India
- A heart wrenching but an enlightening video of a mother about the latest cough syrups ban.
- Valentine Day Prank Video – Phone Call To Save Love Goes Terribly Bizarre!!
- A 4 Year Old Girl Accidentally Deleted A Photograph, What Happened Next Will Make You Say AWW!
- Amazing Tribute To A.R Rehman By Berklee College Of Music Germany
- Pakistan’s Former ISI Chief Gives Open Challenge To India, Attack On Us And Finish This Dispute
You may also like
- Behind the scenesEntertainment
Dhoni’s Reply To Reporter Who Asked Him About Retirement After Losing Semis Is All You Need To WatchFeaturedSports