Video: The Other Side Of The ‘Malda Riots’, No One Is Talking About
On 3 January, a vast crowd, numbering 1.5 lakh, gathered in Kaliachak, West Bengal, to protest defamatory remarks allegedly made against the Prophet Muhammad. Soon after the rally began, a section of those gathered attacked the local police station, torching it. Local papers, and soon the national media, termed the violence communal. Firstpost reporter Sanjay Pandey visited Kaliachak a fortnight after the incident to investigate. He found otherwise. The clashes were a part of Malda’s ongoing drug wars, a series of battles that have turned this corner of India into the badlands of West Bengal. His findings are backed by hidden camera footage and interviews with opium poppy farmers and local administration officials.
- How Foreigners React To Traditional Indian Greeting (Pranama)
- Checkout The Famous Bull Fighting Scene From “Baahubali” Was Shot
- Drunk Driving By 3 Friends Changed Chandni’s Life Forever
- Checkout: Epic Situation When You Watch Cricket With Family! #LMAO
- Check Out This All Star Version Of Saanson Ki Zaroorat Hai Jaise From Aashiqui
- Kool Boys Are Back with India’s First Porn-Com! Watch The trailer of Kyaa Kool Hain Hum 3