A heart wrenching but an enlightening video of a mother about the latest cough syrups ban.
Check Before Consuming: Most Cough Syrups Contain This Harmful...
A heart wrenching but an enlightening video of a mother about the latest cough syrups ban. Big pharma companies are notorious to pressurize the legal and the political system to get approval for banned drugs. This is proved yet again by the recent Government of India ban on 344 drug combinations which included most of the cough syrups.The reason behind the ban of cough syrups is that they contain a combination of chlorpheniramine maleate and codeine. Codeine is a sleep-inducing and analgesic drug derived from morphine. While cough syrups are largely consumed by children, they unknowingly become addicted to codeine, which is a compound found in opium. There are also evidences that codeine doesn't actually help in cough suppression, whereas it has a long list of side-effects including vomiting, constipation, itchiness and lightheadedness. While most of the codeine-based and over-the-counter cough syrups have been banned, a question remains on which cough syrup to choose to cure general cough problems. Ayurveda has always been a good and effective cure for several health problems. The ayurvedic herbal formulation is free of any addictive components which can induce side-effects.We urge drug manufacturers to come up with cough syrups that are ayurvedic in nature, made up of herbal components and codeine-free.Posted by The Logical Indian on Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- World’s Most Wanted Man Is On Twitter & Already Has About 1 Million Followers!!
- Child Predator Experiment! Dangers Of Social Media, And It’s Scary Stuff
- A Tribute To Rajinikanth vs. Rajinikanth Rap Battle… Check It Out
- Watch This New Ad Of British Airways Will Make Your Eyes Wet
- Coca Cola’s Multipurpose Bottle Cap – An Awesome Idea For Making Awesome Society
- The Next Time You Ask Someone “How Are You?”, Remember This Video